Are you going to nursing school? Want to become a registered nurse, but aren’t sure what type of nurse you would like to be after you finish your studies? Here’s a list with some of the subdomains you can choose from:
Medical assistant dermatology-medical office.
- Prepare patient’s medical records for the doctor, before the consultation and take care of the medical records/documents.
- Participate in consultation and treatments.
- Provide medical services that respect the principle of gender equality, non-discrimination as well as ensure doctor/patient confidentiality privileges.
- Sterilize medical instruments.
- Collect and preserve samples of biological material.
- Comply with internal office policy.
Pulmonary care nurse
- Perform activity responsibly according to professional regulations and the job requirements.
- Take care of newly accepted patient with his/her family (depending on situation)
- You take care of the patient when he is hospitalized; sometimes, you also have to take care of the patient’s companion
- Administer first aid when necessary and call the doctor
- Present the patient to the examining physician and inform him/her about the patient conditions throughout the hospitalization.
- Observe and record patient’s symptoms evolution in the medical records to inform the doctor.
- Prepare the patient for medical procedures, treatment and investigations.
- Prepare the patient for special investigations, organize the patient’s transport and if necessary monitor his condition during the transport.
- Harvest biological samples for laboratory examinations by following the doctor’s prescriptions.
- Administer the medication personally, perform the treatments, immunizations, biological tests, etc.
- Prepare patients for hospital discharge.
- Maintain provided equipment in good condition.
- Supervise the medical instruments used for biological sample collection and make sure the medical instruments are stored properly.
- Observe the regulations in force regarding the prevention and control of nosocomial infections.
- Investigate the type of infection and the pathogen together with doctor.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the subordinate staff.
Medical assistant in diabetes, nutrition and metabolic diseases.Medical assistant in diabetes, nutrition and metabolic diseases.
- Assist doctor during medical consultations.
- Prepare patient record before the examination and maintain doctor/patient confidentiality.
- Provide first aid procedures in case of emergency.
- Communicate patient’s request to doctors.
- Assist the doctor with patients metabolism investigations.
- Track patient food journal