Do you plan to go a medical school but you haven’t yet decided about your future workplace after graduation? Here are some of the various departments you can work as a nurse.[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.26.3″ text_font=”||||||||” text_font_size=”20px” text_line_height=”1.8em” header_font=”||||||||” header_2_font=”|||on|on|||#00C1DE|” header_2_text_color=”#00C1DE” header_2_font_size=”35px” header_2_line_height=”1.2em”]
– preparing the patients to attend the daily visits conducted by a doctor who assesses the healthcare status for hospitalized children
– measuring the patient’s main health status, such as body temperature and blood pressure, assessment of the overall health of the patient
– collection of biological samples for laboratory medical analysis
– administration of medication (oral medication, intramuscular, subcutaneous, intradermal injections, aerosols, cannula insertion, intravenous infusion), duodenal tube placement for diagnosis purposes.
– accompanying patients to different specialized medical visits within the polyclinic (ENT, neurology, allergology, cardiology)
– accompanying the patient and the doctor to the radiology department (for urinary cystography, urography, barium enema testing)
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.26.3″ text_font=”||||||||” text_font_size=”20px” text_line_height=”1.8em” header_font=”||||||||” header_2_font=”|||on|on|||#00C1DE|” header_2_text_color=”#00C1DE” header_2_font_size=”35px” header_2_line_height=”1.2em”]
– preparation the medication for anesthesia as per doctor order
– helping and organizing the preanesthesia medical consult
– preparation the patients for the anesthesia procedure: medication administration following the advice of anesthesiologist during the preanesthesia consult
– intravenous infusions for volemic expansion, collection of biological samples for emergency cases and compatibility testing.
– preparation of anesthesia equipment: positioning the tubes system to the appliance, checking the evaporator, ventilator and the circuit.
– preparing the aspiration, checking the intubation and gastric aspiration probes, laryngoscope, facial masks, blood pressure devices, Ruben balloon, monitors, stylets for intubation and bacterial filters.
– preparation of the anesthesia infusions
– intravenous cannulation on peripheral vein and dissolving the substances
– preparation of the necessary materials for vascular access (catheter) and checking the emergency medication
– attending for any other anesthesia process technique and monitoring are required: placing the electrodes, the blood pressure equipment’s sleeve, the O2 monitoring sensor.
– measuring the blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation (every 5 minutes or less)
– administration of medication for anesthesia and assisting the doctor for tracheal intubation
– ensuring the continuity of infusions (monitoring the pupils, skin color, breathing volume amplitude, diuresis, vacuum aspiration)
– administration for blood and blood products transfusion, monitoring the post-transfusion evolution, recording and reporting the potential post-transfusion events
-preparing the medication for post-anesthesia episode (awakening the patient) and assisting into the extubation and transport of the patient in the ICU unit while monitoring the vital signs.
– recording the anesthesia medication and the patients
– preparing the materials and assisting the doctor for local anesthesia procedures
– preparing the laryngoscope and probes for emergency cases[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.26.3″ text_font=”||||||||” text_font_size=”20px” text_line_height=”1.8em” header_font=”||||||||” header_2_font=”|||on|on|||#00C1DE|” header_2_text_color=”#00C1DE” header_2_font_size=”35px” header_2_line_height=”1.2em”]
In this role, you will be responsible with accommodating and registering the hospitalized patients and outpatients, while also informing them about the compliance of internal regulations:
– evaluating patients according to kinetotherapeutic rehabilitation procedures as per doctor’s orders.
– drafting the schedule for recovery programs
– monitoring the patient’s health and wealth during the recovery and kineto-physiotherapy procedures
– monitoring and recording the patient’s health parameters regarding both positive and negative evolution
– informing and training of the patient regarding the treatment, therapeutic effects and potential negative effects
– applying the kineto-physiotherapy procedures according to physical parameters with the purpose of medical recovery as per doctor orders; being accountable regarding the compliance of technical parameters for each procedure
– being compliant with the medical prescriptions registered in the patient’s file and according to the recovery schedule
– documenting and registering the procedures applied to the patient in their medical files and the statistics department
– ensuring the proper preservation and use of equipment by signalling the potential malfunctions
– being able to offer first aid in case of emergency
– responsible for the compliance of prevention set rules for hospital acquired infections
– keeping the professional secret and compliance of the ethical profession code for physiotherapists.
This article is the first of a series about the medical subdomains in which a nurse can work. We will continue the series with several examples of sub-domains, with an emphasis on responsibilities.
Read the next parts:
I have years of experience
and would like my next role to be .